GDP per capita:
About GDP Calculator Tool
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is a measure of a country's economic performance and is the total value of all goods and services produced within a country's borders in a given period. GDP can be calculated using two different approaches: the expenditure approach and the resource cost-income approach.
The expenditure approach calculates GDP by adding up the total amount spent on final goods and services in a country over a given period. This includes household consumption, government spending, investment, and net exports.
The resource cost-income approach calculates GDP by adding up the total income earned by individuals and businesses in a country over a given period. This includes wages, interest, rent, and profits.
Both approaches yield the same result, as the total amount spent on final goods and services equals the total income earned by those who produced them.
How to use GDP Calculator Tool?
To use the GDP Calculator Tool, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the GDP Calculator Tool website in your web browser.
- Select the method you want to use to calculate GDP - either the expenditure approach or the resource cost-income approach.
- Enter the necessary inputs in the corresponding fields. For example, if using the expenditure approach, you will need to enter values for consumption, investment, government spending, exports, and imports.
- Click on the "Calculate GDP" button to get the result.
- If you want to reset the calculator and start over, click on the "Reset" button.
The tool will calculate the GDP based on the method and inputs provided and display the result on the webpage. It is important to ensure that you are using consistent units of measurement when entering the inputs, for example, using the same currency for all values.